CAFe Budapest | Flat Earth Society
- Pierre Vervloesem – guitar
- Kristof Roseeuw – double bass
- Benjamin Boutreur – alto saxophone
- Peter Delannoye – trombone
- Marc Meeuwissen – trombone
- Berlinde Deman – tuba
- Thomas Mayade – trumpet
- Bart Maris – trumpet
- Michel Mast – tenor saxophone
- Martí Melià – clarinet, bass clarinet
- Bruno Vansina – baritone saxophone, flute
- Peter Vermeersch – clarinet
- Peter Vandenberghe – piano, keyboards
- Teun Verbruggen – drums
- Wim Segers – vibraphone
- Artistic Director: Peter Vermeersch
The line-up of this Belgian band suggests a big band, whereas there is practically no musical style they do not draw on, be it punk, classical modern, or experimental avant-garde. Founded by Peter Vermeersch in 1998, the group is without doubt one of the most prominent players in the European avant-garde and jazz scene.
For Vermeersch and the other composers who write for them, there is a desirable element in every segment of culture. Their sources run the whole gamut from Kurt Weill, through old crime TV shows, to Henry Cow’s most formal songs. The resulting soundscape is guaranteed to be entertaining, alternately spellbinding audiences and making them crack up.
Tickets are available for 2500 HUF on the spot,
online at cafebudapestfest.hu, and at InterTicket Jegypont partners across Hungary.
An event jointly organized with CAFe Budapest.